“Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3.13-14 NIV).
We have an assignment on earth. Once we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior our life of faith is just beginning.
There is a “race,” as the Apostle Paul calls it during our time on earth. And we want to run our race to win the Prize! The most brilliant aspect of this Prize is hearing Jesus say to us, “Well done, good and faithful servant!” (Matthew 25.23 NIV). God has a race that we are guaranteed to win because it was created just for us. We have been given a purpose that is part of God’s greater plan. Each of us has our very own Prize waiting for us on the other side of our obedience and steadfastness, which is why we must not compare our lives to others. They have their own race with their own Prize created just for them, according to their design, purpose and promises. Paul says that everyone runs, but not everyone gets the Prize. For this reason, it is imperative we are not running in vain, committing to do works outside of God’s will. We must first make sure we are in the right race (for us) and then run to win!
“Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!” (1 Corinthians 9.24 NLT).
Eight Verses on God being a Rewarder:
- “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work” (Revelation 22.12 NLT).
- “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing” (2 Timothy 4.7-8 NLT).
- “But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you” (Matthew 6.6 NIV).
- “Look, I am coming soon, bringing my reward with me to repay all people according to their deeds” (Revelation 22.12 NLT).
- “And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him” (Hebrews 11.6 NLT).
- “God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him” (James 1.12 NLT).
- “Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward” (Matthew 10.41-42 NIV).
- “So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you!” (Hebrews 10.35 NLT).
If you want to read more, purchase my book on Amazon!